Thursday, April 7, 2011

Silver is Popular?

When did silver become the go to investment?  Same with gold, when did gold take over the headlines in such an epic way?  I have been caring less and less about all the hoopala, and now all of a sudden I check into the mainstream headlines and it is 'Gold, gold, gold!'

I remember when I came to the conclusion that I should write about how silver will be the best investment of the next decade.  I had been reading Zerohdege (The first rule....yeah yeah) for about six months when I read The Wizard of Oz with the interpretation that it was about monetary policy and decided that to buy silver was the only investment worth making (up to a point, of course, as diversification and a balanced portfolio is necessary).  I thought this because silver was not only going to become recognized as monie very soon, whether or not fiat was put back on such a standard, but because it would not be confiscated.  It would be ridiculous for the government to confiscate it.

Along the way, I realized that the government would not be able to confiscate gold, because they were inept, so I recognized gold as a safe haven too, even though silver has a better upside.  It was only a few months after I had been writing that I called the move that I should be famous for-that JP Morgan was shorting silver and we need to blow them up.

I distinctly remember the conversation buried in piles of ruble on the Zerohedge site which was between myself and MsCreant.  We agreed that silver could end JP Morgan's and thus the Fed's raping of the financial system.  This was mid summer, I think.

So now Alex Jones yells into my ear that Keiser came up with the battle cry, and Keiser yells back.  Although I will say I heard Keiser say Zerohedge started the idea once.  Why he doesn't say it more, I am not sure.  We are wearing masks, why not get the Zerohedge party started in earnest?  I am down.

No comments:

Post a Comment